Oakridge Sand & Gravel (OSG) was established in 1948 by Ray and Hob Clark, two lifelong Oakridge residents. With their original four man crew, brother Earl Clark and Ray's son Wayne with Don Martin and Ray Agee, Oakridge Sand & Gravel serviced the Oakridge and Westfir communities for any aggregate and concrete needs.
In 1977, The Clark brothers sold Oakridge Sand & Gravel to two brothers, Ed and Stan Fisher. Ed's background was in road construction from Wildish Construction, while Stan was a CPA from Portland. OSG expanded the type of work performed by branching into federal contracts to build logging roads for the U.S. Forest Service. Many of the existing roads in the Willamette National Forest have either been built, rebuilt, rocked or decommissioned by OSG.
When much of the logging industry was shut down in the 1990's due to conflict over the spotted owl, OSG shifted strategies and began pursuing highway construction through work with the Oregon Department of Transportation and Federal Highway. This led OSG to pursue work all over the state, including but not limited to; Klamath Falls, Baker, Sunriver, Pendleton and North Umpqua.
Today, Ed has been joined by his two sons, Ramon and Kevin. OSG has three rock sources located in Lane County, a portable rock crusher and crew of experienced, dedicated employees. OSG will continue to pursue opportunities in the road construction business for generations to come.